Airport pickup for people flying to Barcelona?

I will be flying to Barcelona specifically for this event, and I would guess there will be many others who are also doing this. If we arranged to all fly in on the same day, we could all share a ride from the airport to a central location and thus save money and gas and all the other associated problems with getting to a new location.

I am just starting this thread early cause I thought of it. Will get back to this thread in a few months when other things start getting figured out…

1 Like

AFAIK there is a public transport system there. (And I’m very sad that I can’t bring one of my bikes with me)

1 Like

Let’s see what people says and we can try to help from this side (Barcelona) on that too.
Will make a list also on accomodations around the site that can be good for the attendees.

1 Like

Just btw: If the date is not fixed yet, I would rather vote for
September 18th - 20th now
because
• the ActivityPub Community also voted in Social CG for a “virtual conference” which could be the week before or after
and we’d have a van/car :
• /me and friends will go together with my car or friends van to Perpignan first
and then I can pick u up en route at Girona or (“nearly” en route) El Prat …

Am pretty sure @capmisson already confirmed the dates with the venue so they are set now…

1 Like

We are waiting on final confirmation but its reserved. If everybody wants we can do a last votation between two weekends in september…

1 Like

I really don’t think changing the dates again is a good idea personally. I have already reached out to a bunch of people and making the dates sooner complicates that. I was under the impression that we agreed on the dates weeks ago.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree to keeping the already discussed dates.

1 Like

There should be a sophisticated public transport system, shouldn’t it?

1 Like

There are quite a few.
There are buses, and also Metro, and also a Train, prices between 3€ and 5€ depending on the transport.

Lleialtat Santsenca is quite close, walking distance, to Sants Estació, the main train station in Barcelona, is not the downtown center but it’s still one of the most beatifull areas in Barcelona. Really big associative networks, a lot of political movement and and rooted in the city.

1 Like