Airport pickup for people flying to Barcelona?

I will be flying to Barcelona specifically for this event, and I would guess there will be many others who are also doing this. If we arranged to all fly in on the same day, we could all share a ride from the airport to a central location and thus save money and gas and all the other associated problems with getting to a new location.

I am just starting this thread early cause I thought of it. Will get back to this thread in a few months when other things start getting figured out…

1 Like

AFAIK there is a public transport system there. (And I’m very sad that I can’t bring one of my bikes with me)

1 Like

Let’s see what people says and we can try to help from this side (Barcelona) on that too.
Will make a list also on accomodations around the site that can be good for the attendees.

1 Like

Just btw: If the date is not fixed yet, I would rather vote for
September 18th - 20th now
because
• the ActivityPub Community also voted in Social CG for a “virtual conference” which could be the week before or after
and we’d have a van/car :
• /me and friends will go together with my car or friends van to Perpignan first
and then I can pick u up en route at Girona or (“nearly” en route) El Prat …

Am pretty sure @capmisson already confirmed the dates with the venue so they are set now…

1 Like

We are waiting on final confirmation but its reserved. If everybody wants we can do a last votation between two weekends in september…

1 Like

I really don’t think changing the dates again is a good idea personally. I have already reached out to a bunch of people and making the dates sooner complicates that. I was under the impression that we agreed on the dates weeks ago.

1 Like

Yeah I agree to keeping the already discussed dates.