FediConf Dates Votation

Dear all,
Apologize for the delay on that.
We finally had some meetings and find out the free weekends for the location where we are willing to do the FediConf 2020, Lleialtat Santsenca (https://www.lleialtat.cat/).

We opened the form below to try to find out everybody together when might be the best date to do it.
https://formularis.lleialtat.cat/fediconf-2020

Please, vote and share with the people you think might be interested in attending.

Is it good if we keep it open until first week of December and then we decide based on what get the most votations?

2 Likes

Awesome to have some date proposals!

Same comment here as in the form. The first few weekends (in May) sound quite near - there would have to be an announcement very soon with CfP and such, to give people time to plan, prepare, book travel and so on. Unless things are going to move in a tight fashion towards those goals, possibly september would be a better idea.

3 Likes

Any updates on chosen dates or ideas for how to proceed with picking a date for this Conf?

1 Like

Lets pick some dates yall! I want to plan my year and make sure I can make it all the way across the world for this so we need to choose some dates so people can plan around them!

2 Likes

Ok closed the votations, so far we had:
May 15th -17th
9 votes
May 22nd - 24th
8 votes
June 12th - 14th
8 votes
September 18th - 20th
8 votes
September 25th - 27th
10 votes

It looks like 25th to 27th September is the best dates, how you all see it?
Can we stablish this date so we can move forward with logistics?

2 Likes

Sounds good to me!

/me adds more characters to post to fill min 20 characters that discourse wants

1 Like

Yaaaay ! https://www.visapourlimage.com is until 15th September :wink:
Perfectly fits. Tell me if you need logistical help.
It’s Sebastian from https://redaktor.me/apconf/ here.

2 Likes

Am excited this is moving forward. I am definitely planning on going so its awesome we get some dates. I wonder if we should start a list of people planning on going that’s public somewhere so as to attract other folks who are basing their decision on who will be there.

Also shall we put together a website for this event?

1 Like

I think it would be great to put everything together on a site, which should be the domain?
Also, I agree on the list, maybe we can do a public list where we can add people who want to come as speaker and as attendant? There is a first post with some of the people who was willing to do a talk.

@wakest could you work on the website maybe? so we can dilude responsabilities or share them

1 Like

Yeah I would love to do that! I will start mocking up some ideas. Is there a chat room or other place this conf is being organized? Maybe we should start a Matrix room for it?

1 Like

#fediconf:matrix.libertalia.world is there already, will invite you, but replying here for others.

2 Likes

@wakest yes the riot room that @jaywink posted, might be also interesting to start creating subcategories in the forum? As per website, logistics, etc?

Please just let us (Feneas admins) know what subcategories or other things you need, plugins etc, will make it happen :slight_smile:

what do you think? Would make sense to have something like:

Speakers
Logistics / Info
?

1 Like

Website / Media
Accessibility
Video Streaming Team
Code Of Conduct
Translation Team
(at the very least we should have people fluent in translation between Spanish, Catalan and English)
Rides / Transportation Issues
Couch surfing / alternatives to AirBNB (for people coming from other countries)

this a quick list off the top of my head

1 Like

@capmisson @wakest I have created the categories. Would you two want to be moderators in the forum which would give you some power to maintain the category descriptions? Unfortunately Discourse has no tools for per-category moderation, so we will have to give you site wide moderator status.

1 Like

ok that sounds good,let us know when is done

You’re now both moderators :+1:

with great power comes great responsibility yada yada

2 Likes

Thank you @jaywink, I take my responsibility seriously. Lets have some Conf!

We did a meeting today with @lleialtec people and will post some updates in a bit

2 Likes